Part I - Application Process & Transcript Upload
May 1, 2016
- A completed online application form which includes your statement of interest. See the statement of interest prompts below.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty advisor, course instructor, TA or employer (one who is familiar with your scientific skills). You may submit two letters for consideration. All letters must be submitted online by the letter writer and are due by the application deadline.
Statement of Interest Prompt
Your statement of interest should be no more than 4,000 characters and include all of the following information:
- Discuss why you are interested in pursuing a bachelor's degree in your chosen major
- Describe your educational background and achievements
- If applicable, provide information on barriers (educational, social, and/or cultural) you may have personally faced and discuss how you overcame them. If appropriate, include a discussion of your family's educational background, indicating whether your family members experienced barriers in higher education, whether you are the first person in your family to go to college, and whether you have experienced a lack of role models or informational resources about higher education and careers.
- Be sure to include a mention of participation in undergraduate achievement programs (ex. CAMP, MESA, SACNAS) or student organizations
- Please expand upon these components and share any additional information, which you feel is relevant to your unique personal or educational history.
Follow the link below to begin your online application. Once you have submitted your form you will be directed to a new page to upload your transcripts. Have your transcripts ready prior to beginning the application form. You can also prepare your “Statement of Interest” using Microsoft Word and use the copy and paste function.
Part II - Letter of Recommendation
May 1, 2016
One letter of recommendation from a faculty advisor, course instructor, TA or employer (one who is familiar with your scientific skills) is required. All letters must be submitted online by the letter writer and are due by the application deadline. Please provide your letter writers with the following link:
Note: ALL correspondence with applicants will be via email, including award decisions. Please check your email frequently and add the Condor Techs email (email@example.com).